BMW introduced a new valvetronic, single turbo version of its direct-injection engine for the later F-Chassis models beginning in 2016 and continues into the G-Chassis models - the evolution to the S58 engine continues with the twin turbo variant used in the M-series vehicles. The Active Autowerke S58 downpipes for the X3M and X4M helps unleash some of the potential that is restricted by the OEM downpipes.
Turbochargers are powered by spent exhaust gases created during the combustion process. The quicker these gases are evacuated, the better. Unfortunately, the factory down pipe in the S58 is a bit restrictive, which results in slower exhaust gases and slower turbo spool.
The Active Autowerke X3M/X4M S58 Signature down pipe utilizes 3 inch diameter stainless steel piping in order to provide more power, quicker spool, and extreme durability. We've incorporated stainless flex joints and then down to 70mm to meet the OEM exhaust system. We never drop the diameter to smaller than the stock diameter of 70mm.
This variant includes a pair of 4.5" high flow GESI catalytic converters that will NOT produce a CEL!
The GESi G-Sport Ultra High Output Catalytic Converter features full 304 stainless steel construction, including the substrate. GESi UHO-Series Catalytic Converters are EPA registered and compliant in 49 states and fully OBD2 compliant, perfect for use on 1996 and newer vehicles. GESi proprietary precious metal loading technology ensures greatly reduced emissions, eliminating most "Check Engine Lights". These high flow catalytic converters outperform stock converters and provide a reliable solution to the most common catalytic converter problems.
The GESi UHO-Series Catalytic Converters are rated for engines putting out between 500 and 850 horsepower while maintaining a high flow capacity. The reduced back-pressure from this high flow catalytic converter will allow you to maximize your engines horsepower without the harmful emissions. Say goodbye to Check Engine Lights and failed emissions tests!
Please Note: These catalytic converters are not legal for use on vehicles registered in the state of California as a result of California Vehicle Code Section 27156 and 38391.
NOTE: Federal law prohibits the tampering of an emissions control device. Mobile Source Enforcement Memorandum 1A, allows for aftermarket parts to be used in the repair or replacement of emissions control systems, provided the emissions aren't adversely affected. There is no mention or reference to cell density or converter volume dimension. The GESI catalytic converter will produce emissions that will meet or exceed the standards set by the EPA, not CARB.
These catalytic converters accept the stock BMW lambda sensors.
- NO CEL when using this downpipe
- GESI EPA registered high flow and fully OBD2 compliant
- Casted upper stainless steel V-Band for precise fitment
- 4.50" diameter piping allows for maximum power output
- Quicker turbo spool
- Rated for 500 to 850 hp applications
- Withstands up to 1500 F
- Can reach operational efficiency within 9 seconds of startup
- Easily bolts-on no cutting or welding required
- Accepts OEM O2 sensor heat shield
- Durable construction from TIG welded 304 stainless steel
- Precise fitment
- Ultra high flow 400 cell per square inch catalyst
- EPA compliant for use on OBD2 vehicles (1996 and newer) except in California
- 304 stainless steel substrate is furnace braised to the mantle for outstanding durability
- GESi proprietary precious metal loading technology ensures greatly reduced emissions
- Ideal for Forced Induction Applications with no loss of HP
- Both passengers and drivers are safe from harmful emissions and noise
- Covered by 5 Year / 50,000 Mile Warranty (on catalytic converter)
- Made in Miami, Florida
Active Autowerke S58 Signature Downpipe Benefits
The speed of a turbo's impeller wheel is limited by exhaust back pressure. A larger down pipe relieves some of this pressure, resulting in quicker and more efficient spool. With Active Autowerke's Signature downpipes, your S58 can rev quicker, and deliver more horsepower and torque.
Minimizing back pressure while retaining daily drive-ability was the goal of our S58 downpipes. Owners can now upgrade to a product that is affordable, reliable, and easy to install.
After months of research and development, our engineers settled on a 3 inch diameter pipe which utilizes the least number of bends possible. The large volume helps the turbo spool as quickly as possible by eliminating back pressure during spool up.
Constructed entirely from 304 stainless steel with 1.5MM wall thickness, we are confident that you'll be pleased with how robust and durable this down pipe is. Trouble-free installation and a long lifespan ensure that you'll enjoy many miles of performance with your S58!
- BMW X Series F97 X3 M (2019+)
- BMW X Series F98 X4 M (2019+)
Covered by 5 Year / 50,000 Mile Warranty (on catalytic converter)