With the newer F8x M2/M3/M4's making big power and having superb chassis straight from the showroom, it's no wonder they're often found at the most serious of track-days or at tuning shops across the globe.
Unfortunately, the power that makes these cars so fun to drive eventually has an impact on the vehicle components, most notably the rear differential bushes.
Despite having the provision for two mounting bushes on the factory tubular subframe, BMW opts to use only a single offset bush to mount the diff bracket to the subframe. This essentially creates a pivot point for the diff under torque loading, especially if the 4x front diff bushes are worn and softened.
OEM Part Number: 33172284775
We are proud to release a high-performance solution to this problem, giving you the tools to re-establish rear-end stability on your F8x M2/M3/M4.
PFR5-4030 Dual Mount Diff Bracket is made from our in-house CNC machined 6082 High-Tensile Aluminium and is designed to utilise the secondary mounting position on the OE subframe. With the addition of a second bush, this prevents the diff from twisting under load, providing benefits such as:
- Reduced drivetrain movement
- Improved throttle response
- A more controlled and consistent on-off throttle chassis response.
- Improved tyre-to-road power transfer reducing wheel hop
- Reduced strain on fitted bushes
- The corrosion-resistant Satin Black Anodised Aluminium Bracket is optimised for high stress and deflection whilst withstanding high torque loads but is designed to function equally on standard or modified vehicles with either a single OE bush or dual aftermarket bushes.
Although the bracket can be fitted without the need to remove the subframe from the vehicle completely, we would naturally recommend combining Powerflex products by using our already hugely popular 80A durometer PFR5-4026 Rear Diff Mounting Bush for both subframe rear mounting positions with the addition of our PFR5-4025 Rear Diff Front Mounting Bushes for the front for the ultimate in differential control and a lasting fast-road or track solution.
- 1x Dual Mount Rear Differential Bracket
- Supplied complete with M14 bolt, thread locker and Powerflex keyring.
- BMW M Series F87 M2 (2014-2019)
- BMW M Series F80 M3 (2012-2018)
- BMW M Series F82 F83 M4 (2013-2019)
To ensure the part(s) you have ordered fits your vehicle, we run a compatibility check prior to dispatch. We can do this either using your registration number(UK) or the last 7 digits of your VIN. Simply enter your car details prior to checkout.